Jan 17, 2010

Coming Around

I've been well enough the last three days to start running again but just barely. I've been wiped out by all my runs and usually need to take a nap during the day to make up for them. This cold/illness is lingering I'm sure, because I am running but I guess I just can't bear not to run even if it is sloooooooow and tiring. Just muddling through it I guess.

Another tidbit that I've noticed is that our treadmill is way off from the ones at the club, which I believe are correct. When I run at home my pace is 20-40 seconds slower. Also I have to convert from metric since we brought the treadmill home with us from Japan. That is why I sometimes run 12.4 miles which = 20k. Maybe our treadmill has a slight slope to it which makes it harder. I'll have to check that out.

Okay, end of boring post but just wanted to let you know that I'm slowly coming around.

All in: Friday 5 at 10:03
Saturday 10 at 9:18
Sunday 12.4 at 9:41

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy you're doing better and back to running a bit, even though you're tired. I bet you're happy to be back in little doses! Take it easy .

Lindsay said...

i thought the same about my at-home treadmill vs those at the gym. (pace seemed off).

my engineer fiance did some fancy treadmill math/calculations - turns out it was a little off (but not as off as i thought.)

here's the math if you were interested in trying it out yourself - http://www.chasingthekenyans.com/2009/01/treadmill-math.html

Tony said...

That's a mental pain in the butt with the treadmill.

Glenn Jones said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend.

This week I think I'll definitley be doing some rain running. Supposed to drop somewhere around 5 to 8 inches. At least when it rains this much it's warm (in the 50's). That I can handle.....

AZ said...

Lindsey, thanks for the math. I'm nerdy enough that I'll probably end up doing some of those calculations.

Tony, I've pretty much made peace with the treadmill. I don't mind it so much, sometimes for 3 hours at a time.

Beth said...

I'm glad that things are picking up. I know my home treadmill is off on the pace. I have a footpod for my Garmin, and it's right on at the gym but the treadmill at home always says that I haven't gone as far as the Garmin says. Oh, well. I just run for time and heart rate when I use it and try not to worry about it.