Oct 22, 2009

Ready or not...

My last run is out of the way, another dismal comparison to my Myrtle Beach fitness but I'll leave it at that and save you the details and ugly chart. The cold has neither worsened or slackened (a word?). So my plans have gone from initially starting out at about 7:25 per mile in hopes of a 3:15-3:20 marathon to hoping I can find a rhythm in the 7:45-8:00 range and try to keep this think under 3:30. Quite honestly though it might be as much as 3:45-4 hours and I'm fine with that. I just want to have a positive experience and I think I will. As long as I'm not reduced to a shuffling, crawling, incoherent mass I'll be happy.

Final preparations are now being done since we fly out early tomorrow morning. Got my new bright orange technical shirt because my wife wants to be able to spot me better. I've done a few runs in it to make sure it is comfy. Garmin and camera batteries are charged. All necessary papers and maps printed out. Last blog entry is done (well, mostly).

Best of luck to all runners and spectators this weekend. I'll be in touch with a race report next week.

All in: 3 miles at 7:56.

6 comments:

Megan L. Killian said...

Good luck! I hope it goes better than you expect.

Glenn Jones said...

Best of luck this weekend! Stay warm. Stay hydrated! I'll be looking forward to a race report!

Unknown said...

I hope the weather is good and that you make your first goal!

Jean said...

Good luck to you, AZ. I hope you have a great race, and that it is a fun experience! I look forward to your report.

All the best!

Beth said...

Good luck! I am rooting for you and hope that you have a great day. You've trained hard and are ready. Go fast! :)

Lindsay said...

good luck!! you've trained hard, time to let it pay off. have confidence and believe in yourself!